Orthogonal Polynomials and Special Functions
The activity group promotes basic research in orthogonal polynomials and special functions; furthers the application of this subject in other parts of mathematics, and in science and industry; and encourages and supports the exchange of information, ideas, and techniques between workers in this field and other mathematicians and scientists.
The activity group publishes the electronic newsletter OP-SF NET, maintains an electronic discussion group (OPSFtalk), sponsors minisymposia at the SIAM annual meeting, and maintains a web site, a member directory, and an electronic mailing list. The activity group also awards the Gábor Szegö Prize every two years to an early-career researcher for outstanding research contributions in the area of orthogonal polynomials and special functions.
- Chair: Walter Van Assche (1/1/17 - 12/31/19)
- Vice-Chair: Andrei Martinez-Finkelshtein (1/1/17 - 12/31/19)
- Program Director: Sarah Post (1/1/17 - 12/31/19)
- Secretary: Yuan Xu (1/1/17 - 12/31/19)
OP-SF Talk moderators: Diego Dominici, Bonita V. Saunders
- OP-SF NET Co-editor: Howard Cohl, NIST, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
- OP-SF NET Co-editor: Sarah Post, University of Hawaii, HI, USA
- OP-SF Webmaster: Bonita V. Saunders