Orthogonal Polynomials and Special Functions
The activity group promotes basic research in orthogonal polynomials and special functions; furthers the application of this subject in other parts of mathematics, and in science and industry; and encourages and supports the exchange of information, ideas, and techniques between workers in this field and other mathematicians and scientists.
The activity group publishes the electronic newsletter OP-SF NET, maintains an electronic discussion group (OPSFtalk), sponsors minisymposia at the SIAM annual meeting, and maintains a web site, a member directory, and an electronic mailing list. The activity group also awards the Gábor Szegö Prize every two years to an early-career researcher for outstanding research contributions in the area of orthogonal polynomials and special functions.
- Chair: Francisco Marcellan (1/1/11 - 12/31/13)
- Vice-Chair: Jeffrey S. Geronimo (1/1/11 - 12/31/13)
- Program Director: Diego Dominici (1/1/10 - 12/31/13)
- Secretary: Peter Clarkson (1/1/11 - 12/31/13)
- OP-SF Talk moderator: Diego Dominici
- OP-SF NET Co-editor: Diego Dominici
- OP-SF NET Co-editor: Martin E. Muldoon
- OP-SF Webmaster: Bonita V. Saunders