The SIAM Activity Group on Optimization fosters the development of optimization theory, methods, and software -- and in particular the development and analysis of efficient and effective methods, as well as their implementation in high-quality software. It provides and encourages an environment for interaction among applied mathematicians, computer scientists, engineers, scientists, and others active in optimization. In addition to endorsing various optimization meetings, this activity group organizes the triennial SIAM Conference on Optimization, awards the SIAG/Optimization Prize, and sponsors minisymposia at the annual meeting and other SIAM conferences. The activity group maintains a wiki, a membership directory, and an electronic discussion group in which members can participate, and also publishes a newsletter - SIAG/OPT News and Views.
- Chair: Tamás Terlaky (1/01/17 - 12/31/19)
- Vice Chair: Andreas Waechter (1/01/17 - 12/31/19)
- Program Director: Michael Friedlander (1/01/17 - 12/31/19)
- Secretary/Treasurer: James Luedtke (1/01/17 - 12/31/19)
- Newsletter Editors: Jennifer Erway and Stefan Wild (7/01/17 - 6/30/17)