e-books for Institutions
SIAM books are a leading source of knowledge for the world's applied mathematics and computational science communities. For more than 50 years, titles by stellar, prize-winning authors on timely and fundamental topics have made SIAM books indispensableto researchers, faculty, and students around the world. SIAM has books have expanded the availability and ease of access of more than 450 of its titles by launching an e-books program
- Universal: stored in PDF files, readable on all browsers and computers
- Convenient: viewable by chapter and searchable by keyword and chapter heading
- Secure: hosted on the same platform as SIAM journals
- Innovative: easily cross-searched with SIAM journals by readers and researchers
The SIAM e-book library books provides access to almost every title in SIAM's 16 book series and is available for institutions to offer to their users electronically, via purchase or subscription. Access almost every title in SIAM's 16 book series. The collection will continue to grow year after year. Please read our FAQs, then contact SIAM so your organization can begin its online access to SIAM’s growing ebooks collection as soon as possible.
Choose the access plan that works best for your needs
Option A: Perpetual Access Purchase includes perpetual access to books published in 2018 plus access to back titles.
Perpetual Access Rates:
SIAM Academic or Corporate Member one-time fee: $19,360.00
Other universities and organizations one-time fee: $24,200.00
Annual maintenance fee in future years (see below): $300.00
- To continue to have Perpetual Access to books referenced above in future years via Literatum, http://epubs.siam.org/, the customer must:
- Pay $300 annual maintenance fee each year after 2018 OR
- Subscribe to at least one journal each year after 2018
- To add access to books published in future years to perpetual access via Literatum, the customer must purchase an Add-on subscription in each future year. See Option B below. Customer retains perpetual access to any titles published during Add-on subscription years.
- If customer does not pay $300, does not have another journal subscription or does not purchase an Add-on in future years, Perpetual Access to book published in 2016 and back titles will be available through Portico, www.portico.org.
- A completed Online Agreement is required, www.siam.org/books/ebookOJSA.
- Option B: Perpetual Access Add-on adds Perpetual Access to books published in 2018 to Perpetual Access already purchased in 2017 or before:
Perpetual Access Add-on Rates
Add-on purchase for Academic or Corporate Member $1,599.00
Add-on purchase for non-members $1,999.00
Option C: Annual Access Subscription includes books published in 2017 plus access to back titles.
Annual Subscription Rates
SIAM Academic or Corporate Member fee for 2018: $2,148.00
Other universities and organizations fee for 2018: $2,685.00
- Access will expire if Annual Access is not renewed for 2019.
- If do not renew Annual Subscription for 2019:
- Customer can get access to books published in an Annual subscription year through Portico if organization is a member of Portico or
- Customer can pay $100 for a DVD of books published in an Annual subscription year from SIAM.
- A completed Online Agreement is required.
- Agency Discount on all prices listed above: 5% on new orders and 3% on Add-on purchases and Annual Subscription renewals.
Help e-book users find exactly what they're looking for! Below are downloadable MARC records for SIAM e-books. As of August 15, 2013, we will be providing RDA compatible records instead of AACR2.
MARC Records for Recent e-books
- Numerical Methods for Conservation Laws: From Analysis to Algorithms (Posted 2/21/18)
Jan S. Hesthaven
- Mathematics Motivated by the Social and Behavioral Sciences (Posted 2/21/18)
Donald G. Saari