Tuesday, July 11
Sponsored by the new SIAM Activity Group on Imaging Science. To know more about this newly-formed activity group, you are encouraged to attend its first organizational meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 11 at 6:00 PM in room TBD.
Mathematics in Image Formation and Processing - Part IV of IV
4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Rio Mar 3
For description, see Part II, MS8; For Parts I and III, see MS1 and MS14.
Organizer: Gerhard X. Ritter
University of Florida, USA
- 4:00-4:25 Empirical Evaluation of Computer Vision Algorithms
- Kevin W. Bowyer, University of South Florida, USA
- 4:30-4:55 Polygon Simplification in Semi-Metric Spaces
- Longin Jan Latecki, University of Hamburg, Germany; Daniel DeMenthon and Azriel Rosenfeld, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- 5:00-5:25 Deformable Pedal Curves/Surfaces: Hybrid Geometric Shape Models
- Baba C. Vemuri, University of Florida, USA
- 5:30-5:55 Geometric Methods for Medical and Biomedical Image Analysis
- Ravi Malladi, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA