Thursday, July 13
What's New in Inverse Problems? - Part I of II
4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Rio Mar 4
For Part II, see MS67.
This minisymposium will address new areas of research in inverse problems. Speakers will highlight "nonstandard"
inverse problems such as internet tomography, imaging with millimeter waves, inverse problems in cardiology. The goal is
to call attention to new research opportunities in inverse problems.
Organizers: Fadil Santosa
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
William W. Symes
Rice University, USA
- 4:00-4:25 Inference of Network Topology from Packet Delay Measurements
- Mark W. Garrett, Joseph DesMarais, and Christian Huitema, Telcordia Technologies, Inc., USA; Paul Seymour, Princeton University, USA; David Shallcross and Bruce Siegell, Telcordia Technologies, Inc., USA
- 4:30-4:55 Factor Graph Network Modeling and Tomography
- Mark J. Coates and Robert D. Nowak, Rice University USA
- 5:00-5:25 Determining Maximum Channel Conductances in Branched Dendrites from Dual Recordings
- Steven J. Cox and Boyce E. Griffith, Rice University, USA
- 5:30-5:55 Terahertz Time Domain Spectroscopy
- Timothy D. Dorney, Daniel M. Mittleman, and Richard G. Baraniuk, Rice University, USA