Tuesday, July 11
Poster Session and Dessert Reception
8:30 PM-10:30 PM
Rio Mar Foyer
Welcome Poster Presenters to SIAM's Annual Meeting in Puerto Rico!
Poster presenters may begin setting up their posters on their assigned
boards beginning Sunday morning, July 9. Poster boards are 40"x 60" (3 1/2 ft. x 5 ft). All posters must be on the boards by Tuesday afternoon, July 11. All presenters should be available
to discuss their work and interact with attendees during the
Poster Session and Reception, Tuesday evening from 8:30 PM-10:30 PM.
Presenters may leave their posters on the board until Thursday at noon to enable those attendees arriving after Tuesday's reception to view the posters. However, all display materials should be removed from the poster boards by noon, Thursday July 13.
SIAM is not responsible for any materials left on the boards after 12:00 noon on Thursday, July 13.
The materials will be discarded when the exhibit company starts to dismantle the area.
- Modal Vibrations Associated With Impurity Pinned Dislocations in A Metal Single Crystal
- Charlie H. Cooke, Old Dominion University, USA
- Current Efficiency of an Ion-Exchange Membrane: Effect of Convective Flow
- Jyh-Ping Hsu and Yu-Heng Shieh, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- The Game Approach to Problems of Nonlinear Programming by Using Mathematica Software
- Gracielia Rodriguez and Sadovski Alexey, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, USA
- The Condition of Some Matrices Used in DNA Analysis
- John Shigeura, Applied Biosystems, USA
The Petrov-Galerkin Method for Hammerstein Equations
Hideaki Kaneko and Richard D. Noren, Old Dominion University, USA
- A Mathematical Model of Inner Medullary Concentrating Mechanism of the Mammalian Kidney
- In Hak Moon, University of Maryland-Baltimore, USA
- A Model of Tissue Replacement During Epidermal Wound Healing
- Sophia Maggelakis and Andreas Savakis, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Graph Representations for Image Processing
- Carol G. Crawford, US Naval Academy, USA
Sinc Method for Incompressible Navier-Stokes
Sasamoto Akira, M.I.T.I., Japan
Efficient Bit Allocation and Space Quantization for Wavelet Image Coding
Chen Shuran and Toh Guan Nge, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Discrete Wavelet Filters of Fourier, Cosine and Sine Moments
- Alan Y. K. Cheung, Richard C. H. Lee, H. K. Leung, C. K. Sze, W. L. Wong, and S. P. Yung, University of Hong Kong, People's Republic of China
- The Calculation of Plate Flexure on Piles at the Different Physical Properties of Construction Details
- S. Yu. Zaginaichenko, Ukraine Academy of Science, Ukraine; N. V. Matysina and E. A. Matysina, Dnepropetrovsk Institute of
Civil Engineering, Ukraine; M. P. Pariychuk, I. G. Pylypiv, and D. V. Schur, Institute of Hydrogen and Solar Energy, Ukraine