Your resume is important! Recruiters will receive electronic copies of the Resume Book about a week before the Career Fair, as well as a hard-copy version at the event. Some recruiters will use the Resume Book to schedule private interviews with selected candidates.
There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the following requirements:
- One page only.
- No photos or graphics permitted.
- Resumes must be submitted electronically as MS Word files.
- The filename must be your last name followed by your first name. For example, John Smith should name his resume SmithJohn.doc (The resumes will be alphabetized by filename.)
- The first few lines must contain (only) your contact information, centered and formatted as follows:
156 Main Street
New York, NY 99999
Tel: (212) 657-7684
- Your name should come first, in capital letters, bold type, one point larger than the rest of your contact information, centered.
- Your address and phone number should be in regular type, centered. Give only one phone number.
- Your email address (and, if desired, your web address) should be in regular type, centered. Additional stylistic advice is given below.
RESUME SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
- You must submit your resume no later than Wednesday, June 7, 2006 to email@example.com. Use subject line "SIAM 2006 Career Fair Resume - LAST NAME." It is also necessary for you to pre-register for the 2006 Annual Meeting by this date. If you do not pre-register by June 7, your resume will not be included in the Resume Booklet.
- Prepare and edit your resume carefully. You may submit just one version; subsequent modified versions will NOT be accepted.