The SIAM Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Career Fair is an informational and interactive event at which employers and prospective employees can discuss careers. It is a great opportunity for prospective employees to meet government and industry representatives and discuss what they are looking for and what each employer has to offer.
The Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Career Fair will be held on Monday, July 6, 2009 from 7:15 – 9:15 pm.
SIAM is pleased to announce the following organizations have confirmed participation in the Career Fair:
- Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL
- Center for Advanced Modeling and Simulation, Idaho National Laboratory, Idaho Falls, ID
- Center for Computing Sciences, Bowie, MD
- The MathWorks, Natick, MA
- Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJ
- Metron, Inc., Reston Virginia
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO
- National Security Agency, Ft Meade, MD
- Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA
You may have no current jobs available, but if you participate, you will have the opportunity to make valuable contacts that you can build upon with students and faculty.
There is no fee for an organization’s participation in the Career Fair. Exhibitors will be given a 6’ table, two chairs, and waste basket. Participants who want to attend the technical program will need to register for the Annual Meeting. A resume booklet will be put together and mailed to you prior to the meeting.
Please complete and submit the Career Fair Participation Form [PDF, 52KB] no later than June 8, 2009 so you will get all information and reminders as they are transmitted.
The Career Fair presents a unique opportunity for job seekers to meet prospective employers. Job seekers must pre-register for the Annual Meeting by June 8, 2009. Resumes must be submitted by June 15 in order to be included in the resume booklet which will be distributed to exhibitors prior to the event.
The Career Fair at SIAM Conferences: A
Student Guide [PDF, 33KB]
Resume Preparation Guidelines [PDF, 15KB]