Thursday, July 16
Where Mathematics Education Must Go and How It Can Get There
2:00 PM-4:00 PM
Room: Sidney Smith 1085
In this two-hour session, the speakers will discuss and elaborate upon the topics addressed by Jerry Uhl in his invited presentation.
Organizer: Jerry Uhl
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- 2:00 Mathematics in a School of Engineering: Notes from a Foreign Correspondent
- Brad Osgood, Stanford University
- 2:30 Who We'll Teach and Where We'll Teach Them
- William J. Davis, Ohio State University, Columbus
- 3:00 Mathematics Reform: It's Not a Problem, It's an Opportunity!
- Francis Sullivan, IDA/Center for Computing Sciences, Bowie, Maryland
- 3:30 Critiques of Impure Reform
- Louis A. Talman, Metropolitan State College of Denver
LMH Created: 3/19/98; MMD Updated: 4/6/98