Saturday, August 12
10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Hibiscus & Ilima (Salon 3 & 4)
Topology continues to be a source of inspiration and power in nonlinear dynamics. The speakers will present some of the richness of the results that can be obtained.
Organizer: James A. Yorke
University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- 10:00-10:25 Structure and Renormalization of Invariant Sets of Quasi-Periodically Forced Maps
- Jaroslav Stark, University College London, United Kingdom
- 10:30-10:55 Continued Fractions Expansion of Rotation Numbers for Plane Maps
- Kathleen Alligood, George Mason University, USA; Carl Robert, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA; and Timothy Sauer, George Mason University, USA
- 11:00-11:25 Topological Methods Applied to Difference Equations
- Judy Kennedy, University of Delaware, USA
- 11:30-11:55 Are Accessible Periodic Orbits Necessary?
- Kathleen Alligood, George Mason University, USA