Wednesday, November 3
Voronoi Diagram and Medial Axis Computations
10:30 AM-12:30 PM
The Voronoi diagram and Medial Axis have been under intense study from various
areas such as computer graphics, vision, pattern analysis, computer aided geometric
design, computational geometry, and mathematics. By now, there is an abundance
of results and a diverse set of techniques. The speakers in this minisymposium
will discuss these advances from differing perspectives.
Organizer: Hyeong In Choi
Seoul National University, Korea
- 10:30-10:55 Voronoi Diagram and Medial Axis Algorithms for Planar Domains
With Curved Boundaries
- Rajesh Ramamurthy, Spatial Technology Inc.
- 11:00-11:25 The L_Infinity Voronoi Diagram of Segments and VLSI Applications
- Evanthia Papadopoulou, IBM TJ Watson Research Center; and D. T.
Lee, Northwestern University
- 11:30-11:55 Medial Axis Transform and Minkowski Geometry
- Hwan Pyo Moon, University of California, Davis
- 12:00-12:25 Computing Voronoi Diagrams of Curvilinear Polygons: A Discussion
of Robustness and Efficiency Issues
- Martin Held, Universität Salzburg, Austria
Created LMH, 5/18/99; Last Updated MMD, 6/15/99