Guidelines for SIAM Speakers
- Arrive at the meeting room ten minutes before your session starts. Introduce yourself to the session chair and confirm the title of your presentation.
- Pointers will be provided. You will find one on the table located in front in the session room. Avoid blocking the audience's view of the screen.
- Speak from notes to keep on track; do not read from your paper or from the screen.
- You must speak within the time limit, allowing time for the audience to ask questions.
- Speak clearly and at a reasonable pace, but speak loud enough to be heard in the back of the room.
- Extend some courtesy to the remaining speakers; end on time and stay for the entire session.
- Use effective audio-visual aids. Refer to Audiovisual Equipment.
- Please review some tips for effective presentations.