Full Day Workshops
Half Day Workshops
Call For Workshops
The SDM08 organizing committee invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference. The purpose of a workshop is to provide participants with the opportunity to present and discuss novel research ideas on active and emerging topics of knowledge discovery and data mining. Ideally a workshop should foster interactions between different communities within the scope of SDM (e.g. statisticians, computer scientists, industry, academia etc.).
The responsibilities of the workshop organizers include:
- preparing the call for papers and publicizing it
- maintaining the workshop web site
- selecting the workshop organizing and program committees
- deciding the workshop program content
- selecting the papers through a peer review process
- delivering the proceedings to the press in time, and
- delivering the final workshop program to the workshop chair in time.
A workshop proposal should include the following information:
- Workshop title
- Full contact information of the organizers
- Description of the workshop including objectives, content, and format of the workshop.
Please indicate your preference regarding the length of the workshop: Half-day or full-day.
- List of potential attendees
- List of potential authors
- A short biography of each organizer
Proposals will be judged by a sub-committee of the SDM08 organizing committee based on the above information.
Particular preference will be given to proposals that foster interactions among multiple communities, as noted above. For any question regarding the workshops for SDM08, please contact the workshop chair.
- Proposal Submission by: October 19, 2007
- Decision Notification by: October 29, 2007
- Call for Workshop Papers out: November 2, 2007
- Workshop web sites linked to SIAM site: November 2, 2007
- Workshop Paper Submission by: December 28, 2007
- Acceptance Notification by each workshop: January 18, 2008
- Camera-ready Workshop Proceedings by: February 14, 2008