Career Clarification

November 16, 2010

The statement "As a rule, you must be a U.S. citizen to work at a national lab" ("A Career in the Math Sciences at a National Lab," SIAM News, October 2010, ) merits some clarification. Foreign nationals interested in jobs at national labs should be aware that some Department of Energy labs (e.g., Livermore, Los Alamos, and Sandia) require U.S. citizenship. Many other DOE labs---including Argonne, Oak Ridge, Berkeley, Pacific Northwest, Brookhaven, and Idaho---do not. As suggested in the article, readers interested in opportunities at any lab should check that lab's requirements.

Donate · Contact Us · Site Map · Join SIAM · My Account
Facebook Twitter Youtube linkedin google+