SIAM Announces ISI Journal Impact FactorsJuly 23, 2007
The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics has announced that its journals continue to be positioned at the top of their respective categories in impact factor rankings according to 2006 Journal Citation Reports (JCR) released by Thomson Scientific. Ten of SIAM's applied mathematics journals rank in the top 35 (out of 150) in that category.
The impact factors, released by Thomson Scientific's Institute for Scientific Information provide a ranking of the frequency in which researchers cite peer-reviewed journals; the higher the ranking, the more the journal's articles have been cited. SIAM is pleased to see its journal program increasing in value.
"It's gratifying to see that our journals continue to be highly cited and respected in the field of applied mathematics," said David Marshall, SIAM Publisher. "Our goal has always been to publish content of the highest quality and the impact factors are one way of showing that we are succeeding."
Highlights of the 2006 ISI impact factors of SIAM Journals include:
- SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing raised its ranking from #12 in 2005 to #6 in 2006
- SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications is now ranked #8, up from #26 in 2005
- SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics ranks #14, up from #29 in 2005
- SIAM Journal on Computing increased its ranking from #22 in 2005 to #16 in 2006
- Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, in the Mathematics, Interdisciplinary Applications category, ranked 11 out of 65 in its third year