Organizer/Author Instructions for Submissions to ED20
Submitting a minisymposium (MS) proposal
Before submitting, organizers should consult the general guidelines. MS proposals are submitted by email with the following information:
- Title: Describe the subject of your minisymposium as accurately and specifically as possible in not more than 10 words.
- Organizer(s): Provide your full name, affiliation, country, and email address.
- Summary: Describe your minisymposium in no more than 1,500 characters, including spaces. The summary should be written to attract those who specifically work on your topic as well as those who work in related areas. Based on experience, we suggest the following outline:
- Explain the problem area to be addressed by the speakers and why it is important in significant applications.
- Identify current directions of research and methods being developed to solve problems, including their advantages and shortcomings.
- Describe the scope of your minisymposium.
- Speakers: Provide the full name, affiliation, and email address of each speaker and the title of his/her presentation. Updates on presentation titles and abstracts should be submitted by email by the minisymposium abstract deadline. Please clearly identify the minisymposium title and organizer(s) in any follow-up emails.
- Each minisymposium consists of four (4) speakers, each of whom is allotted 25 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions and transition to the next speaker.
Minisymposium proposal submission deadline: Deadline Extended - February 14, 2020
Minisymposium abstract deadline: Deadline Extended - March 6, 2020
Please contact the ED20 Co-Chairs if you have questions.
Submitting a contributed paper (CP)
Contributed presentations in lecture format are invited in all areas consistent with the conference themes. This format is typically a 15-minute oral presentation with an additional 5 minutes for questions and transition to the next speaker. Exact talk lengths will be determined by the co-chairs at the close of submissions.
CP lectures are submitted via MAA MathFest portal. Authors must submit CP lectures to the themed contributed paper session with title “SIAM ED20 Contributed Papers”.
CP submission deadline: April 30, 2020
SIAM requests speakers submit only one oral presentation for the conference, either a minisymposium presentation or contributed lecture.