Wednesday, June 19
10:00 AM-12:00 PM
The speakers in this minisymposium will present some recent results and conjectures in enumerative combinatorics. They will also discuss applications such as techniques for speed up of convergence of sums, counting tilings, and connections with statistical mechanics.
Organizer: Herbert Wilf
University of Pennsylvania
- 10:00 Another Proof of the Alternating-Sign Matrix Conjecture
- Greg Kuperberg, Yale University
- 10:30 WZ-ize!
- Doron Zeilberger, Temple University
- 11:00 Title to be determined
- Curtis Greene, Haverford College
- 11:30 Counting Tilings
- James G. Propp, Massachusetts Institute of Technology