More on Coeur d'Alene...
Major - Emergencies Telephone 911 or (208) 666-3000
Minor - Medical Problems (208) 666-3050
SELECTION OF NEARBY RESTAURANTS
- Beverly's, at Coeur d'Alene Resort (208) 765-4000, expensive.
- Jimmy D's, 320 Sherman Avenue, Coeur d'Alene (208) 664-9774, moderate;
wild game, extensive wine list; live music across the street at
313 Sherman Avenue.
- T. W. Fisher's Brewpub, 204 North 2nd, Coeur d'Alene (208) 664-BREW,
brewery tours at 1:30 and 5:30 pm.
SELECTION OF FARTHER RESTAURANTS
- Wolf Lodge Inn, 12025 East Frontage Road, Coeur d'Alene (208) 664-6665,
moderately expensive, famous for very large steaks, rocky mountain
oysters (not a seafood), and seafood. Ten minute drive, I-90 exit
22 and turn left (north); call for reservations and directions.
- "Snakepit" Enaville Resort, Enaville (208) 682-3453, inexpensive,
30 minute drive eastbound, I-90 exit 43 (Kingston), turn left
(north) then 1.5 miles north on Coeur d'Alene River Road.
Famous for barbecued meat ($8-11), buffalo burgers ($6-9), and
rocky mountain oysters ($5-8). Display of antiques from its
past as a miners' tavern and house of ill repute.
SELECTION OF NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- "World's largest floating boardwalk" around the Coeur d'Alene Resort
- North Idaho College campus, adjacent to the west side of the resort.
- Tubbs Hill park and two-mile rocky trail, adjacent to the southern
edge of the parking lot on the east side of the resort.
- Museum of North Idaho, Northwest Boulevard at Coeur d'Alene City Park
(208) 664-3448, 11AM - 5PM.
SELECTION OF FARTHER ATTRACTIONS
Back to SM96 Homepage
- Mineral Ridge hike, 3-4 miles roundtrip and 620 feet elevation gain.
Ten minute drive eastbound to I-90 exit 22 (same exit as for
Wolf Lodge Inn but turn right at exit), drive 2.25 miles to trail.
- Cataldo Old Sacred Heart Mission (1800's). 30 minute drive eastbound,
I-90 exit 39 (4 miles before Snakepit) and turn right (south).
(208) 682-3814, 9AM-5PM.
- Silver Mountain Gondola, "world's longest single-stage gondola,"
3.1 mile ride rising 3400 feet in 19 minutes.
(208) 783-1111. 35 minute drive eastbound, I-90 exit 49 (Kellog).
- Farragut State Park (208) 683-2425, 20 minute drive northbound on
U.S. Highway 95 to Athol. Camping by 1225 feet deep Lake Pend
Oreille, amphitheater, museum, scenery, hiking.
- Mining district, cities of Kellog, Wallace, and Mullan. 35 minute drive
to Kellog, 60 minute drive to Mullan and Idaho-Montana border on