Friday, September 22
Fluid Dynamics at the Interfaces
10:30 AM-12:30 PM
High performance computation and recent advances in numerical algorithms have brought the use of fluid dynamics simulation and visualization to a larger research community: chemical, civil and mechanical engineers.
The speakers in this minisymposium, engineers and mathematicians, will illustrate the evolving interface of the algorithms and applications. Topics include granular flows, polymeric flows, reaction diffusion equations, adaptive
hp mesh modification, incompressible flows.
Organizers:Ashish Gupta and E. Bruce Pitman
State University of New York, Buffalo. USA
- 10:30-10:55 Numerical Methods for Modeling the Formation of Droplets in Microscale Jetting Devices
- Elbridge Gerry Puckett, University of California, Davis, USA
- 11:00-11:25 Title to be determined
- Sankaran Sundaresan, Princeton University, USA
- 11:30-11:55 Direct Numerical Simulations of Viscoelastic Two-phase Flows
- Pushpendra Singh and S. B. Pillapakham, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- 12:00-12:25 Numerical Simulation of Small Particles in a Fluid
- E. Bruce Pitman, Organizer; and Camil Nichita, State University of New York, Buffalo