About the Conference
The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics is proud to present the Thirteenth Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing. This series of conferences has played a key role in promoting parallel scientific computing and parallel numerical algorithms. The conference is unique in its emphasis on the intersection between high performance scientific computing and scalable algorithms, architectures, and software. The conference provides a forum for communication among the applied mathematics, computer science, and computational science and engineering communities.
SIAM and the Conference Organizing Committee wish to extend their thanks and appreciation to the U.S. National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of Energy for their support of this conference.
- Programming languages, models, and compilation techniques
- The transition to ubiquitous multicore/manycore processors
- Scientific computing on special-purpose processors (Cell, GPUs, etc.)
- Architecture-aware algorithms
- From scalable algorithms to scalable software
- Tools for software development and performance evaluation
- Global perspectives on HPC
- Parallel computing in industry
- Distributed/grid computing
- Fault tolerance
- Parallel visualization and large scale data management
- The future of parallel architectures