SIAM Review (SIREV) consists of the following five sections, all containing articles of broad interest.
- Survey and Review features papers with a deliberately integrative and up-to-date perspective on a major topic in applied or computational mathematics or scientific computing.
- Research Spotlights publishes concise research papers in applied and computational mathematics which will appeal to SIAM Review's diverse audience. Papers in the Research Spotlights section contain novel ideas that are clearly presented and well motivated. They distinguish themselves from typical publications in domain-specific SIAM journals by being more widely accessible and are likely to have unusually broad and lasting impact.
- SIGEST highlights a recent paper from one of SIAM's specialized research journals, chosen on the basis of exceptional interest to the entire SIAM community and revised and condensed as needed for greater accessibility.
- Education consists primarily of individual modules that are self-contained presentations of specific topics in applied mathematics, scientific computation, or their applications; each module provides the primary material needed to teach a given topic as well as supplementary material.
- The Book Reviews section contains a featured review that provides an overview of several books in a subject area. Shorter reviews of individual books are also included.
Submission of a manuscript to a SIAM journal is representation by the author that the manuscript has not been published or submitted simultaneously for publication elsewhere.