Tuesday, July 11
Sponsored by the new SIAM Activity Group on Imaging Science. To know more about this newly formed activity group, you are encouraged to attend its first organizational meeting to be held on Tuesday afternoon at 6:00 PM in room TBD.
Mathematics in Image Formation and Processing - Part III of IV
10:30 AM-12:30 PM
Rio Mar 3
For Parts I, II, and IV, see MS1, MS8, and MS23.
This is the third in a series of minisymposia organized by the SIAM Activity Group on Imaging. Two talks will focus on mathematical methods in atmospheric image formation, and two talks will deal with methods of image processing for the enhancement and segmentation of images. These talks present very recent techniques in these areas which possess
significant advantages over previous methods. The research presented here is of interest to researchers in atmospheric
imaging, image processing, partial differential equations, inverse problems, and other applied mathematicians.
Organizer: Bernard A. Mair
University of Florida, USA
- 10:30-10:55 Inverse Problems in Atmospheric Imaging I: Mathematical Models
- Curtis R. Vogel, Montana State University, USA; and Robert J. Plemmons, Wake Forest University, USA
- 11:00-11:25 Inverse Problems in Atmospheric Imaging II: Computational Methods
- Robert J. Plemmons, Wake Forest University, USA; and Curtis R. Vogel, Montana State University, USA
- 11:30-11:55 Bias and Stability of Active Contours in Image Segmentation
- Hemant D. Tagare, Yale University, USA
- 12:00-12:25 Image Restoration via Diffusion Tensor and Time-delay Regularization
- Yunmei Chen and Stacey E. Chastain, University of Florida, USA