Call for Submissions
SIAM Student Paper Prize
The SIAM Student Paper Prize is awarded every year to the student author(s) of the most outstanding paper(s) submitted for the SIAM Student Paper Prize. This award is based solely on the merit and content of the student’s contribution to the submitted paper. Up to three awards may be given.
Eligibility is restricted to students in good standing, who do not yet hold the degree of PhD on the submission deadline. A student may submit only one paper for consideration in any year. The paper must have already been submitted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal in English. Papers do not need to be published at the time of submission for the prize. Priority will be given to papers that have been accepted for publication at the time of submission for the prize.
February 15, 2017
- Extended abstract of the paper in English (5 pages maximum, including bibliography)
- Candidate’s CV (2 pages maximum)
- Digital version of the paper (PDF preferred)
- Proof that the paper has been submitted for publication, i.e. publisher’s acknowledgment. If the paper has been accepted for publication, proof of publisher’s acceptance
- Describes and evaluates the paper’s contribution to the literature and the student’s contributions to the results
- Verifies that the student meets the conditions of eligibility for the award
- If a paper is co-authored, each PhD-holding co-author must write a letter attesting to the student’s pivotal role and contributions to the results
- If the student’s advisor is a co-author of the submitted paper, they must write a letter containing the material of the co-author’s letter and the material of the advisor’s letter (see above). This may all be contained in one letter.
Please send all required materials to: email@example.com.
The list of selection committee members will be posted when it becomes available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding nomination procedure.