SIAM Fellows Program
Nominations for the 2016 Class of SIAM Fellows are currently open. The close of nominations for this class is Monday, November 2, 2015.
***Please note that there are changes to the nomination format, effective for the current nomination cycle.***
- Instead of requiring 1-3 letters of recommendation, a nomination must now include one letter of nomination and exactly two (2) letters of recommendation.
- And whereas before, a minimum of five years was required for nominee eligibility, now a nominee must have been a SIAM member for 7 of the past 10 years (84 of the past 120 months).
Rollover nominations will be honored in their current state, though it is recommended that they be edited to conform to the new format. Please see the Nomination Procedures and Eligibility pages for more details.
Criteria for Fellows selection
Guidelines for letter writers
Fellows Selection Committee
Full list of SIAM Fellows by year
NEW! Class of 2015 Fellows
More information on the new class of selected Fellows can be found at SIAM Connect.
Goals of the SIAM Fellows Program
- To honor SIAM members who are recognized by their peers as distinguished for their contributions to the discipline.
- To help make outstanding SIAM members more competitive for awards and honors when they are being compared with colleagues from other disciplines.
- To support the advancement of SIAM members to leadership positions in their own institutions and in the broader society.
For more information
Frequently Asked Questions about Nomination Procedures
SIAM Fellows Program Specifications [PDF, 90KB]
Contact the Fellows Team at FellowNominations@siam.org
Contact Executive Director Jim Crowley at email@example.com
Caption: Members of the SIAM Fellows Class of 2015 at the Prizes and Awards Luncheon at ICIAM15 in Beijing:
(left to right) George Yin, Panagiotis Souganidis, Anne Greenbaum, Tyrone Duncan, Qun Lin, and Esmond Ng.