How Our Textbook Program Works
Many of our books can be used as primary texts for graduate and undergraduate courses. Textbooks are made available to course instructors for a 90-day evaluation period, during which they can determine the suitability of texts for their course(s), after which we ask that instructors let us know if they will or will not be adopting the textbook for their course(s). Instructors who adopt a text may be interested in our Student Discount Pricing.
If you are interested in considering one of our books for a course, please complete the Examination Copy Request Form. You will receive a copy of the book to evaluate for ninety (90) days.
- If you decide the text is appropriate for your course, please notify SIAM (include the course name, number, and level, the expected enrollment, and the semesters/years for which the course is planned).
- If you decide that the text is not appropriate for the course, you can either purchase the book at a 30% discount from the list price, or return it to SIAM using the return label included with the book. Please tell us why you decided not to adopt the book. This information will help us publish texts that better meet your needs.
If you have already adopted a SIAM text for classroom use and need a copy of the text, please fill out our Desk Copy Request Form. You will be asked to either:
- provide us with a link to your online syllabus showing the text as a required text
- fax us a copy of your syllabus showing the text as a required text OR
- fax us a copy of your bookstore’s order confirmation for the adopted text
Please be sure to click the "Submit" button after filling out the form, otherwise we will have no record of your request.
The SIAM Textbook Adoption Discount Program offers 20% off list price for any SIAM textbook adopted as a primary text in any undergraduate- or graduate-level course. This discount may be used by all students enrolled in the course and is available only on books ordered directly from SIAM.
Professors who adopt a SIAM textbook as a primary text should apply for the discount before their semester begins by contacting us and attaching their class syllabus. Professors will be given a discount code that students can use when they order their textbook. When students go to SIAM’s website to order the book and enter that code into the SIAM bookstore, or call Customer service at 800-447-SIAM and mention the code, 20% will be deducted from the list price for that book. Student Members are entitled to the 30% member discount.
SIAM Textbook Titles
Browse These Books & More