SIAM Fellows Program
The SIAM Council recently ratified some changes to the Fellows Program and we will accept 2016 Fellow nominations starting early September. Beginning with the 2016 round of nominations, the following changes have been made:
- A nominee must have been a SIAM member for 7 of the past 10 years (84 of the past 120 months).
- A nomination must contain the support of three nominators, a citation of 20 words or less, a CV of no more than four pages, one letter of nomination (written by one or more of the nominators), and two letters of recommendation (written by people who are not nominators). The letters of nomination and recommendation must be no longer than two pages.
If you have a rollover nomination from a previous year, your nomination will still be considered by the Fellows Selection Committee, but it is encouraged (though not required) that you revise the nomination to conform to the new standards.
We are pleased to announce the SIAM Fellows Class of 2015. More information on the new class of selected Fellows can be found at SIAM Connect.
SIAM membership approved the SIAM Fellows Program in 2008 to designate as Fellows of the Society certain members who have made outstanding contributions to fields served by SIAM.
Goals of the SIAM Fellows Program
- To honor SIAM members who are recognized by their peers as distinguished for their contributions to the discipline.
- To help make outstanding SIAM members more competitive for awards and honors when they are being compared with colleagues from other disciplines.
- To support the advancement of SIAM members to leadership positions in their own institutions and in the broader society.
Caption: Members of the SIAM Fellows Class of 2014 at the AN14 Prizes and Awards Luncheon in Chicago:
(left to right) Valeria Simoncini, Mikhail Shashkov, Leah Edelstein-Keshet, Bengt Fornberg, Suncica Canic,
Inderjit Dhillon, Omar Ghattas, Dorit Hochbaum, Yuriko Renardy, and Peter Olver.
Caption: New 2014 SIAM Fellows Åke Björck, Nancy Nichols, and Zdeněk Strakoš at the XIX Householder
Symposium in Belgium
For more information
Frequently Asked Questions about the Fellows Program [PDF, 97KB]
SIAM Fellows Program Specifications [PDF, 89KB]
Contact the Fellows Team at FellowNominations@siam.org
Contact Executive Director Jim Crowley at email@example.com